G olden S tate 2 nd A mendment C ouncil
... the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
GS2AC PO Box 28582 San Jose, CA 95125-8582 24 hour message line (408) 496-9346
AB1471 and AB821 email by member Janet L.
To: Brian, Lee, Melanie, Officer Vic. at KSFO
From: Janet L
I'm a member of the Golden State Second Amendment Council (gs2ac.com)
We are asking that the hosts of KSFO will help us get the word out that there are two assembly bills that are on the Governors desk right now and if he doesn't veto them before October 10th the will become law.
The bills: AB 1471 Handgun microstamping
This would require that the firing pin on all handguns imprints on the shell cartridge a serial number that can be used to track the gun owner.
1. Found shells used to incrimminate innocent people (even police)
2. Crimminals can file off serial numbers or change firing pins.
3. Crimes committed with stolen guns traced back to innocent owners.
4. Police don't like it, they don't want the nightmare of tracking all of this and trying to figure out who are the innocent people being set up which could include them.
AB 821 Lead Ammo Ban
This would ban all lead ammo because one condor died from eating a pig that a Fish and Game warden shot to help feed them
1. Fish and Game don't like this bill.
The state is prempting Fish and Game control.
2. This is an attempt to force hunters to use copper bullets. The environmental effect of copper is worse than lead and most importantly it would raise the cost of ammo so less people could afford to go hunting.
WHAT TO DO: Call Governor Schwarzenegger
assembly bill comment option: vote yes or no * or
dial "0" to make a comment to a live person
More info: gs2ac.com
THANK YOU FOR HELP GETTING THE WORD OUT
|About Us, Officers, History|
|Hot Local Politics|
|Join Us, It's FREE!!!!|
|Research on People|
|Editorials and Articles|
|Guns on TV|
|Guns in the News|