As you all know, a few bed-wetting communists in Sunnyvale snuck through a number of anti gun ordinances via a back door secret deal just a year or two ago.
NOW THEY ARE TRYING IT IN SAN JOSE.
They all say they have no intention of banning guns…. but everything they propose is an effort to strangle gun owners.
It’s no different than telling someone you are not against people eating… you just want to make it impossible for them to buy food!!!
Here is the summary…
- Require gun owners to safely store firearms that are kept in home in a locked container or disabled with a trigger lock.
- Requiring firearms in unattended vehicles to be secured in a mounted lock box.
- Requiring gun owners to report the loss or theft of a firearm within 48 hours of the time that the owner knows or reasonably should know that a firearm is lost or stolen.
- Require ammunition vendors within one year of the effective date of this ordinance to keep records of ammunition sales data in the form of an electronic log.
- Prohibiting the possession of ammunition magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. (With the signing of SB1446 by Governor Brown on July 1, 2016, this regulation no longer needs to be addressed by San Jose City Council.)
ALL the anti-gunners are being told to call the City Council members with instructions to use phrases like ” common sense regulation ” and ” I want to feel safe ” and specifically avoid using “gun control ” when that is really what they want.
LET’S FACE FACTS… THERE IS NO COMMON SENSE IN THIS. WHEN THE CARTELS CAN BRING IN DRUGS BY THE TON… HOW WILL THESE RULES STOP SOMEONE FROM BRINGING IN GUNS AND AMMO BY THE POUND !?!?!?
AND NONE OF THESE RULES INCLUDE ACTION TO IMPLEMENT THE MOST EFFECTIVE CRIME DETERRANT AVAILABLE: GET MORE COPS ON THE STREET.
YOU MUST CALL the San Jose Council Members below and urge them to “OPPOSE the ‘Gun Violence Prevention Ordinance’ by Council Member Ash Karla”
The ordinance has not yet made it to a vote and this is our chance to stop it before it comes up for vote. Even if you don’t live in San Jose, the city is intersected by many freeways and interstate highways that will affect you in your travels.
Mayor Sam Liccardo
Ph: (408) 535-4800
Charles “Chappie” Jones, District 1
Ph: (408) 535-4901
Ash Kalra, District 2
Ph: (408) 535-4902
Raul Peralez, District 3
Ph: (408) 535-4903
Manh Nguyen, District 4
Ph: (408) 535-4904
Magdalena Carrasco, District 5
Ph: (408) 535-4905
Pierluigi Oliverio, District 6
Ph: (408) 535-4906
Tam Nguyen, District 7
Ph: (408) 535-4907
Vice Mayor Rose Herrera, District 8
Ph: (408) 535-4908
Donald Rocha, District 9
Ph: (408) 535-4909
Johnny Khamis, District 10
Ph: (408) 535-4910
Here is the story that NRA-ILA website provided a link to:
(mercury news article)