CALL MEMBERS OF RULES COMMITTEE TODAY!!!
As you all know, in 2013 Sunnyvale passed a “gun safety measure” that was snuck through via a back door deal.
NOW THEY ARE TRYING IT IN SAN JOSE.
The sponsors of the ordinances are Councilmember Kalra and Councilmember Peralez. They say they have no intention of harming your 2nd Amendment rights…they just want to pass some “reasonable” “common sense” measures that will improve “safety”.
The fact of the matter is that NONE of the items they propose will make San Jose safer… and everything they propose will put more restrictions on gun owners. Worst of all, one of the items will strangle ammunition sellers out of business!!
It’s no different than telling someone you are not against people eating… you just want to make it impossible for them to buy food!!! It’s no different than telling someone you agree that someone has a right to vote… but you think that people need to pay a “reasonable” poll tax….. that just happens to make it too expensive for certain people to do so!
Here is the summary…
- Require gun owners to safely store firearms that are kept in home in a locked container or disabled with a trigger lock.
- Requiring firearms in unattended vehicles to be secured in a mounted lock box.
- Requiring gun owners to report the loss or theft of a firearm within 48 hours of the time that the owner knows or reasonably should know that a firearm is lost or stolen.
- Require ammunition vendors within one year of the effective date of this ordinance to keep records of ammunition sales data in the form of an electronic log.
- Prohibiting the possession of ammunition magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. (With the signing of SB1446 by Governor Brown on July 1, 2016, this regulation no longer needs to be addressed by San Jose City Council.)
You MUST call the members of the Rules Committee to NIP THIS IN THE BUD!!!
ALL the anti-gunners are being told to call the City Council members with instructions to use phrases like ” common sense regulation ” and ” I want to feel safe ” and specifically avoid using “gun control ” when that is really what they want.
WHEN THE CARTELS CAN BRING IN DRUGS BY THE TON… HOW WILL THESE RULES STOP SOMEONE FROM BRINGING IN GUNS AND AMMO BY THE POUND!?!?!? THE BORDER PATROL IS ALREADY ON RECORD AS HAVING SEIZED AR 15 RIFLES AND RPG’S BEING BROUGHT INTO THE US.
NONE OF THESE RULES ADDRESS THE MOST EFFECTIVE CRIME DETERRENT AVAILABLE…. GET MORE COPS ON THE STREET.
YOU MUST CALL AND EMAIL the San Jose Council Members on THE RULES COMMITEE listed below and urge them to “OPPOSE the ‘Gun Violence Prevention Ordinance’ by Council Member Ash Karla”
Tell them that if they want better public safety … they need to focus on getting more cops on the street. These ordinances are a distraction that will do nothing to improve public safety. They need to table these items indefinitely.
Even if you don’t live in San Jose, the city is intersected by many freeways and interstate highways that will affect you in your travels. That old 20 round magazine could get you thrown in jail if you left it in your car.
Mayor Sam Liccardo
Ph: (408) 535-4800
Charles “Chappie” Jones, District 1
Ph: (408) 535-4901
Magdalena Carrasco, District 5
Ph: (408) 535-4905
Vice Mayor Rose Herrera, District 8
Ph: (408) 535-4908
Johnny Khamis, District 10
Ph: (408) 535-4910