The following companies are effectively denying their services to 15 million United States Citizens. No longer will they be able to take advantage of discounts and preferential treatment that others, like the Teamsters, AARP and other organizations enjoy.
Allied Van Lines, Avis Car Rental, Budget Rent-A-Car, Chubb, Delta Airlines, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, First National Bank of Omaha, Hertz Rent-A-Car, MetLife, North American Van Lines, TrueCar, Symantec, United Airlines, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
These companies have decided to cancel their business with everyone that belong to the National Rifle Association. The NRA is the leading provider of police training, firearm safety training as well as a leading defender of the Second Amendment.
This counts for 15 million members. But, unfortunately, not all gun owners are members of the NRA. If you take into account that 30% own firearms (Pew Research Center report), there are about 97 million gun owners and they own 357 million guns.
These companies are looking at 97 million potential customer losses. You might add to that another 80 million non-gun owners who can “see owning a gun in the future” (Pew Research Center report). That is a grand total of 177 million Americans!
Something needs to be done to let these companies become aware that their knee-jerk response to the horrific massacre in Florida is misguided. The NRA had nothing to do with enabling this evil adult from murdering those 17 innocent children and adults.
Benjamin Arie of the Conservative Tribune reported on a FOX News show interview with radio host Tony Katz:
Leland Vittert, the Fox anchor speaking to Katz, pointed out that companies like MetLife give discounts to other politically active organizations besides the NRA, including members of the Teamsters. Yet NRA members have been singled out to be excluded from those discount programs.
“Now they’re basing business practice on thought policing,” Katz responded. “And that has to be dealt with.” He then called on NRA members to think twice about whether they wanted to continue giving money to brands that apparently didn’t want their business.
“You have to make them hurt to make them understand that they can’t thought-police America,” the conservative host explained.
Mr. Katz has the right idea. Boycotting is one response by law-abiding firearms owners, but the most effective method is to contact the companies directly.
I have saved you an hour or two of your time by listing their contact information. Go do it!
- Allied Van Lines – One Parkview Plaza Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181, email@example.com, 1-800-470-2851
- Avis Car Rental – 3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd, Phoenix, AZ, 85034-0927, (602) 273-3222 – Leave a comment for their corporate office here: http://www.corporate-office-headquarters.com/avis-rent-a-car
- Budget Rent-A-Car – Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC, 6 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054, 800-214-6094
- Chubb – 15 Mountain View Road, Warren, NJ 07059, 908-903-2000, Contact form https://www2.chubb.com/us-en/contact-us/,
- Delta Airlines – Delta Air Lines, Inc., P.O. Box 20706, Atlanta, Georgia 30320-6001, 404-715-2600, Comments/Complaints: https://www.delta.com/contactus/comment
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Enterprise Rent-A-Car, 600 Corporate Park Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63105, 800-264-6350
- First National Bank of Omaha – First National Bank Omaha, P.O. BOX 2457, Omaha, NE 68172-2457, 800-853-9586
- Hertz Rent-A-Car – 999 Vanderbilt Beach Rd Fl 3, Naples, Florida 34108-3508, 800 654 3001
- MetLife – 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY, 1-800 MetLife (638 5433), Corporate Office telephone: 212-578-9500
- North American Van Lines – 5001 US Highway 30 West, Fort Wayne, IN 46801-0988, 260-429-2511,
- TrueCar – TrueCar Inc., 120 Broadway, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90401, (800) 200-2000
- Symantec – 350 Ellis Street, Mountain View, CA 94043, 650-527-8000
- United Airlines – United Airlines, Inc., PO Box 06649 , Chicago, IL 60606-0649, Customer Care: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/Contact/customer/default.aspx, 312- 997-8000, 800-864-8331
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts – 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054, 973-753-6000, http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/contact-us